On Tuesday September 10 at the Beyond Sport Summit in Philadelphia the Global Rugby Collaborative (GRC) was born. The innovative international network led by Play Rugby USA is the culmination of a big idea – seeking to unite and support Rugby4Good projects from around the world to create synergy, energy, and opportunity for all.
Check out the GRC’s launch video here (under 2 mins):
The GRC vision is “Together, Creating a Better World through Rugby,” while the GRC mission is “to create a world of better opportunities for young people, through rugby.” GRC member organizations, at launch, served over 18,000 young people a year across 37 countries, tackling some of the worlds most intractable social issues.
Are You Our Next Partner?
The GRC is seeking various shared-value partners–largely among corporations, other NGOs, government agencies and foundations to help deliver the mission across 5 primary functions:
1) CONNECT – pool knowledge capital, influence, and talents to benefit all members;
2) ADVOCATE – promote organized youth rugby as a positive & influential community asset;
3) DEVELOP – secure and strengthen partnerships and resources to meet member needs;
4) SHARE – distribute knowledge, experience and best practices across all R4G projects;
5) SUPPORT – bolster the community through various services to be created for members.
The GRC is expected to expand to close to 100 members ahead of the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio and is planning to host a Young Leaders member-based initiative at the Rugby World Cup in England in 2015. One of the GRC’s initial projects will be to establish an International Coach Training Program to build capacity, resources, knowledge, and sustainability among its members.
Get involved at the GlobalRugbyCollaborative.Org.